[Healeys] water pumps and other repro parts

Jean Caron vintage_roadster_restoration at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 1 08:27:09 MST 2015

List,
I feel that in many cases the suppliers rely on the fact that the purchasers/owners may complain to them but that's where it ends. This List may start something if enough purchasers/owners band together to let some suppliers know that some of their parts are not up to the task. I complained twice over five years to a supplier about the wiring harness for the signal lights/horns being of the wrong colour. They acted like it was the first time it happened and I know another local owner had purchased the same harness and complained as well in that period of time.
I am very careful as to who I purchase certain parts from because I only want to install it once. If the part fails before I complete a restoration, believe me it happened with two exhaust hangers and I had to change them, I cannot charge the owner twice for something like that, so it's done on my own time.
Here are a few items that I see problems with:
-Wiper motor mounting rubber, three of them needed.
-Signal lights/ horns wiring harness that goes through the stator tube.
-Inside piece for the ashtray, rechrome your old on as the new ones are not the same at all.
-Flasher unit
-Bottom rad hose
-Carpet set
If anyone wants to know where to get some of these with good quality built in them, contact me off list.

Jean