[Healeys] FW: Oil again

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Fri Jun 26 19:35:55 MDT 2015

Larry, I don't think they mess with the journals so there should be no problem there. I've seen a website for Vandervell, but they are probably owned by someone else now. If they maintained their old quality and if they still make the right bearings they would be the go to source. As it is it's a crapshoot. I am going to contact them and see what they claim.
My block has been over-bored and after 13 years of service wouldn't quite clean up at 88 mm. I'll be ordering the 88.5 mm pistons. I like the DW route because it allows them to use lighter pistons and more modern metric rings they say will cut down on blow-by. CR shouldn't change unless I do cut the pistons and then it won't increase much. I'm waiting to hear what needs to be done to the head. If it needs to be decked too a lot of things might change.I haven't micced the old head gasket, but i'll need to compare it to the new one at some point. Even though I don't think I'll be driving it at high revs very much I'm still going to change out to the narrow drive belt just because I can incorporate a vibration damper.