[Healeys] core plugs again

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Wed Jun 24 13:43:19 MDT 2015

Thanks for the replies. All- nearly all – useful.

The issues are plain:-

No access to these core plugs without removing 3 webers plus manifolds and a 6 branch exhaust set.

Not going to do the above until, say, October 2015.

Need to know if Radweld, or similar product, might work for +/- 5 months ie does that particular product, or anything similar, do anything other than “weld” leaks in “rads”?

One guy mentioned “a product that looked like copper chips in suspension”. That actually does resonate with me. Can’t recall its name either, only that it was supposedly twice the price for thrice the effectiveness. (So they said!)

Consensus is to give it a try. Nothing to lose…..as long as I flush it all out afterwards.

When the plugs are out, I’ll be asking you all about plugs that don’t leak and won’t leak. Pretty sure I put these plugs in about 20 years ago. And I do usually keep my anti-freeze levels up to scratch.

Simon