[Healeys] BJ8 Glove box lock: set-screw size

Marvin James britcrs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 10:56:53 MDT 2015

The correct thread size is a 6BA. a 4-48 is very close and would probably
work (6BA is 47.9TPI and 4-48 is 48TPI, diameters are also close). A 4-40
will go in about 1 1/2 turns and then starts cutting new threads.
Countersink 6BAs are available from British Tool and fastener. Countersink
4-48s are available from MacMaster Carr but you have to buy 50.

Marv J