[Healeys] Overdrive not working properly

philip fish philipfish at waitrose.com
Wed Jun 24 09:30:31 MDT 2015

Hi all,
I am new to the list. I have owned by BT7 for nearly 25 years. Purchased in
Texas the car now lives with me in the UK.

About 6 months ago I noticed a change in the effectiveness of the overdrive
on my BT7. When I flick the switch I can hear the overdrive engage and the
revs drop, but only very slightly (perhaps 100-200 rpm). Previously the drop
in revs was very noticeable both in the engine pitch and the on the rev
counter (500-800 rpm). Now there is very little change. A few months before
I noticed this problem I had had the OD/Gearbox fluid changed using 20W50
engine oil.

Any ideas what might be going on or how how I could investigate the fault?

Thanks

Phil