[Healeys] Oil again

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Wed Jun 24 05:51:30 MDT 2015

Interesting----when I had mine rebuilt the shop wanted me to use Mobil 1.  I tried it.  Every time I started the engine I had to wait for a while for the engine to smooth out--like it was starving for oil.
Added Val 20/50 racing oil.  solved the problem.

Drained it--added

AndyAbout 5 years ago we had a club member that had his engine rebuilt by a very reputable shop. Following the rebuilt the club member insisted that the shop put Molbil-1 in the engine. The result was another rebuild with in 3 years. Don't know exactly what was the problem but the cam was damaged.Bob
      From: Andy Thorp <bce257 at yahoo.co.nz>

 Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil again

Out of  interest, given all this oily discussion lately- has anyone actually worn out a reconditioned engine from normal road driving? I rather suspect you could put just about any modern oil in a Healey combined with a proper filter and it'd go for a whole lot more miles than an original one ever did on monograde.

Andy.