[Healeys] SU Needles & OIL ( or lack of )

Keith Taylor ktee20 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 00:36:36 MDT 2015

G'Day

Problem 1

 I have a BN2 with Le Mans upgrades ,  1 3/4 carbys with OA6 needles & the
car is running very rich,
I have ordered weaker OA8 needles hoping to sort out this problem . However
this car has flat top pistons hence much higher compression .
Am I going down the right road .

Problem 2

This car left standing overnight ,on startup has a severe bearing rattle ,
my long time mechanic ( retired, read old ex BMC man)  is of the opinion
that the spin off filter non-return is failing The oil release valve seems
to be in good condition. Startup now is to crank over without starting
 to get oil pressure up then fire up , Subsequent startups are not a problem

Keith Taylor
Southern Highlands OZ

BN1
BN2