[Healeys] Hamptons Undercover

HealeyRick healeyrik at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 06:36:19 MDT 2015

Life on the mean streets of the Hamptons:

Citing difficulty keeping undercover on the Hamptons streets during the
summer season, the Hamptons Police Department
<http://www.danspapers.com/2015/06/hamptons-police-acquire-surplus-submarine/>
announced
this week the purchase and deployment of a new fleet of unmarked police
luxury cars.“When 75 percent of all of the vehicles on local roads are
Range Rovers, Maseratis and Porsches, our unmarked Crown Vics stuck out
like sore thumbs,” explains Hamptons Police spokesman Larry Hirsch. “In
recent years our undercover officers’ activities have been severely
compromised—everyone can tell they’re cops from the cars they drive!”The
force accepted delivery of its initial order of 10 new vehicles last
Wednesday, and though the exact models and colors of the cars will remain a
carefully guarded secret, Hirsch was able to provide information as to the
makes included in the new fleet thus far. “The new cars include a pair of
very high-powered Porsches, an Aston-Martin, a nice variety of BMWs, a
Maybach and a couple of luxury SUVs,” Hirsch says. “The total cost of the
vehicles came in a little over our budget of $1.3 million,” he adds, noting
that the additional expense came from a variety of luxury add-ons requested
by individual officers.*In the coming months, the Hamptons Police expect to
acquire at least 20 more new, elite automobiles for their unmarked fleet,
and also have plans to add a special sub-fleet of vintage Rolls-Royce and
Austin-Healey models.*

http://www.danspapers.com/2015/06/hamptons-police-spend-1-3m-on-unmarked-luxury-cars/

Happy Healeying,
Rick Neville