[Healeys] Steering Box -BJ8 - Follow up tools

E.A. Driver edriver at sasktel.net
Sun Jun 14 19:25:12 MDT 2015

Hi Tom

I went to my tool chest which has a drawer set aside for home made
tools, amongst these are a socket designed by
Michael Salter for removal of the brass drain plug on BJ8s as well as
the tools I used for the removal and
replacement of the dust extruder and oil seal for the steering box of a
BJ8.  I have attached two photos of
the items I used, the very small screw driver, the small punch and the
third item used to push the two replacement
items into final position (a piece of mild steel partially curved to
match the shaft of the steering shaft
(like Bob Spidell, Michael,  and Jean sometimes  necessity is the mother
of ones ingenuity);-)
Cheers
Ed
Saskatoon