[Healeys] unknown valve cover

goldengt goldengt at cal.net
Sat Jun 13 18:01:55 MDT 2015

Thanks. Yes I guess MG is too long. Maybe 1500 Midget?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone-------- Original message --------
From: Michael Oritt <michael.oritt at gmail.com>
Date: 06/13/2015  3:04 PM  (GMT-08:00)
To: goldengt at cal.net
Cc: healeylist <healeys at autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] unknown valve cover

Ken--
Wish I had seen your post earlier when I was over at my shop.  I have an Elva Courier which has an MGA engine and could have measured for you (MGA's and B's heads are the same size).
I did find this online at the MG Experience where someone was asking the same question in similar circumstances:
Center to center on the holes 11" 4 3/4" wide at base 14 7/8" long at base 3 1/2" high at center add 3/4" for filler neck
I thought that 12-3/4 seemed a bit small.  Perhaps it is for a Triumph Spitfire or the like.
Best--Michael Oritt