[Healeys] pertronix failure

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 08:27:39 MDT 2015

John -

You must have had an old unit.  I had the same thing happen to me 10 years
ago and Pertrinix replaced it gratis.  Turns out the old magnet sleeves
were just a bit too big and could delaminate after rubbing on the contact
plate.  They fixed it with the new ones and it's no longer a problem.

Of course, I carried spare points in my car, swapped them out, had my BJ8
running again in 15 minutes.  Gapped it by sight!  Was good enough to to
get home,

Cheers,

Alan