[Healeys] Parts is Parts; was: Re: Missing under Load

Curtis Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 21:02:08 MDT 2015

Bob,

Yes, as Bob Haskell stated, Craig Rice in Indianapolis is the man for the
rear reflectors and the BN1 synchro rings.  In fact I just ordered a set of
three from him last week.

Regarding the reflector pods or plinths, there were two types for the late
BN1s and all BN2's.  The very first BN1s in the Fall of '54 and early '55
had sand cast brass reflector pods.  Soon afterwards, like Feb of '55, the
pods were changed to aluminum.

The attached photos show the original pods from my Jan. 11, '55 BN1. My
reflectors were orange and not red. My very original car also had the *Austin
of England* badge on the boot.

Curt