[Healeys] Missing under Load

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Jun 3 23:08:38 MDT 2015

Agree across-the-board.   Had same problem with suppressor wires;
installed copper stranded wires and no problem in 60K miles or so.

re: "Strongly suggested I install points instead of the Petronics."
Why?  Does he recommend blood-letting and trepanning for headaches?  I
know Jeff is an acknowledged expert, but disagree with the points
recommendation.  Name a modern manufacturer--they of the 100K mile
tuneups--that recommends points?  Have (probably) 80K miles on
Pertronix--with OEM Lucas cap and stranded wires--with no ignition
issues (save the occasional well-known bad rotor).  If you like changing
points every 5K miles, fine, but it's not the solution to every ignition
problem.

You need: OEM Lucas distributor cap (if you can find one), stranded
copper wire secondary wires, OEM Lucas suppressor plug caps, good plugs,
and a quality rotor.

Bob