[Healeys] Speedometer

healey3776 at gmail.com healey3776 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 17:08:01 MDT 2015

To all who responded to my speedometer gear question, thanks. My speedometer is in excellent condition and was reconditioned by AH Spares about 7 years ago, so really all I need is a replacement gear for the trip odometer to work. The gear that I am speaking about just gets pressed down on its grooved shaft and mine has a cut completely through it, so it gaps open when I put it on. Last year I tried to fix it using JB Weld in the crack but that didn’t work out. My gear looks like nylon to me but could be plastic, I don’t know. I am going to accept Alan’s offer to send me a spare he has and will also save the website that Chris sent for  http://m.odometergears.com/mobile/products/Jaeger-Smiths/All/37.

Again, thanks to all who lend a hand with my problem’

Happy Healying

Mel Brunet 67 BJ8