[Healeys] #174 has a running problem

Doug Barker douglas.barker at videotron.ca
Fri Jul 17 04:50:47 MDT 2015

My car(66) was cutting out on me at sporadic intervals always-even at 60mpr
on the highway-going up hills-coming down etc etc.
Discovered after much frustration that the ignition wire passed thru the
tach and then on to the ignition system-previous owner had fiddled with the
tach seemingly for some reason -maybe trying to go from positive to
negative-and had put on black tape to the connections-over time the tape got
old and the wiring came lose-thus explain why going up hill or down and
bumps also the car stalled
Check it out fella