[Healeys] FW: Lucas Generator

Roger Grace roggrace at telus.net
Wed Jan 28 09:23:14 MST 2015

Problem may not be the generator; presume that you have checked the belt for tightness as with increased load it could be slipping; I once had a Lucas gen. pulley glow at me in the dark after some 6 hrs of sustained night driving with lights and spots; have you checked that the voltage regulator is working and regulating volts to around 14.5 throughout the RPM range ?; also check the current regulator setting/operation as this too could be limiting the output at higher revs as voltage tends to rise.