[Healeys] Drum Brakes

J Armour sebring3000 at bigpond.com
Tue Jan 27 02:26:25 MST 2015

I once saw a dismantled rear drum brake assembly from a Maserati 250F.
Approx two thousand cast and intricate engineering pieces most with
lightening holes in them.nIt was impressive.
But as these cars were so fast maybe the brakes were not so effective.
I once heard one of Jack Brabham's sons interviewed about advice given to
him by Jack in the quest for quick lap times. Jack's advice " if you want to
go fast son keep your foot off the brake"  !!!!!!!!!!
Joe