[Healeys] Drum Brakes

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 01:59:09 MST 2015

To go back to the original question. I would doubt that Healey drum brakes
are lighter than a disc brake set up but in any case they have more
rotating mass which is a dynamic disadvantage.

Aesthetically I agree that the drums look better as can be seen on the old
Alfas etc. For normal Healey road use I wouldn't change drums for disc,
certainly not on a 100. I drove my 100-Six down the Stelvio pass and never
experienced any brake fade.

Derek