[Healeys] Rear axle gasket question

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 23:21:23 MST 2015

My personal opinion on all of this is to NEVER install these particular
paper gaskets with hylomar or any other type of gasket sealant.  When the
axle is properly bolted up with the proper paper gasket and o-ring, these
will not leak at all, ever.

If it starts leaking, that means your lug nuts are loose, and you need to
tighten them up.  If you seal these gaskets up too well, you will not get
any notice of loose lug nuts... until your splines and axle bolts are worn
out.

Oil leaking from the hub is a cheap early warning indicator of bigger
problems.