[Healeys] Ring gear not fully seated in flywheel

I Erbs eyera3000 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 11:16:40 MST 2015

The only ring gear experience I have was with my old Sunbeam Imp.
 We used a couple of map gas torches to heat it  red hot, dropped it on the
flywheel. knocked it flush with wood and sledge hammer and then immediate
gave it a cold water bath.
Seems to concur with Mr. Salters reading of the repair manual.
 400 C seems way to hot. Over 700 F. While not hot enough to weld or
braise, maybe to hot to reduce hardness.

Ira Erbs
Portland, OR