[Healeys] Torque Wrench

rrengineer.mike rrengineer.mike at att.net
Wed Jan 14 18:42:27 MST 2015

The concensus so far of the list is to just buy th he cheapest torque wrench I can find. I have had suggestions like Harbor Freight (yuck) and Craftsman.  First of all, Harbor Freight is the LAST place I would buy a precision calibrated tool.  I have a Craftsman torque Wrench. The last time I used it, the ratchet mechanism in the head exploded and fell out of the wrench.  I won't be going back to Sears for another one.  I was hoping for suggestions on a quality wrench I could count on for precision and long life. Maybe the last torque Wrench I will have to buy.  I would think you guys would want your head nuts torqued with a little more precision and consistency.  Am I assigning too much importance to the torque values of a heart that is known to crack in the middle for no reason.
Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S® 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone