[Healeys] Removing the anodizing

Ray Juncal healeyray at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 2 19:59:54 MST 2015

Richard    Use "Easy-off" heavy duty oven cleaner, not the lighter weight low odor version.  Let it sit and scrub with coarse Scotch Bright may, need a second pass.  Normal safety procedures gloves, ventilation, eye protection etc.  You may find just a little bit that needs to be sanded off but that is the next step anyway as you work down through the grits of sand paper to final polish.    At this point you can go to clear anodizing but I agree with Wilco about leaving the parts just polished.  I use an aircraft product called "Met-all"it has something in it that keeps oxidation from forming for quite a while and then just a quick shine up with the same stuff and you are back in business.  Check on line or Mc Master Carr a small can lasts forever.Ray Juncalcheck my web page <healeyray.com>