[Healeys] re BJ8 carpets

carroll phillips bjcap at optonline.net
Fri Jan 2 16:06:01 MST 2015

Ive only used Heritage carpets in the Healeys, for the BJ8 its pretty
much a dead on carpet set, the only cavat would be the triangular dart
that is sewn in on the area by the driver seat is a little too small
from original. Thats it   !!!!
Be prepared for a lot of work installing it to get it to look proper,
you really have to had installed these before. I have an original set of
carpets that I use to recut and know exactly how they lay against each
other. The carpets are all over size and need to be trimmed and fit
properly to the car. You can cut to make perfect if you like perfection
or make them a little loose and roll up on each other like the
originals.
The panel kits are another subject, the foam is way too thick and makes
it look puffy , causing poor door  closing and fittment against other
parts, again it can be corrected with a lot of work. I buy the
recovering kits and change the foams with the original sizes.
Carroll Phillips
Top Down Restorations