[Healeys] follow up on emails of buyers

Graeme Molony molony at dodo.com.au
Sat Feb 14 17:51:22 MST 2015

Steve

Not sure where you got your information from regarding the Rolls Healey 4000
being
imported from North Carolina into Australia as to my knowledge there were
only 3 ever
constructed with 2 still in England and one here in Australia

Unless another one has been imported recently the car restored by The Healey
Factory
for the owners brother back in 2011/12 was originally imported into
Australia by Steve Pike
of Marsh Classic Restorations in 1974 from the United Kingdom and has had
only two
subsequent owners including Peter Rowland. Details of this car and its
recent restoration
appear in an article in my local clubs magazine 'Hundreds and Thousands' in
July 2012

You will all know Steve from his Streamliner project car and his appearances
at Bonneville
and more recently for his restoration of one of the original 100S - NOJ 393
which to my
knowledge is still the most expensive Healey ever sold.

While there have been a large number of BJ8's imported into Australia over
the past few years
( We still have only approx. 300  hundred including my car according to
Patrick Quinn's records )
and only 8 were originally imported this has now come to a grinding halt due
to the devaluation
of the Australian $ which is only equivalent to about $0.75 US

In fact the worm has turned as a few days ago I was in at the Healey Factory
and they were
converting a BN2 with some 100M add-ons  back to left hand drive for re
export to a buyer in the
USA. Go figure that

Cheers

Graeme  Molony