[Healeys] Leak from rocker/valve cover

Bruce Steele healeybruce at roadrunner.com
Thu Dec 31 09:04:36 MST 2015

Phil, I tired of spending way too much time and energy scraping hard, dry
cork from the head, keeping little shards from disappearing into the lifter
bores, etc. etc., so I ditched the cork and went with the silicone gasket
from gasketinnovations.com.  Best money I ever spent.  They have gaskets for
both original steel and aluminum rocker covers.  No leaks, and removing to
set the valves is a snap.  I have an aluminum cover, and per their
recommendation, bonded the gasket to the cover with red Permatex.  Nothing
between the gasket and the head, save a light coating of oil on the gasket.

Bruce Steele
Brea, CA
1960 BN7