[Healeys] top frames

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 01:21:03 MST 2015

The frame on the left is from a BN4, they were introduced when the older
frame that was attached to the car was replaced. The frame on the right is
the Abingdon style used on late 100-Sixes and 3000s. They are not
interchangeable as the diameter of the legs is not the same. The newer
style has thicker legs so you might have to widen the hole unless it slots
directly into the tonneau bar hole. Strange that you have a 3000 but with
an early frame. Normally you might  see early Longbridge cars that have
been restored with the later frames. Somebody must have modified your 3000
to get the early frame to fit.

Derek