[Healeys] B

Andy Thorp bce257 at yahoo.co.nz
Mon Dec 28 16:02:48 MST 2015

On Tue, 29/12/15, Bob Spidell <bspidell at comcast.net> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [Healeys] Steering question
 To: "Michael Oritt" <michael.oritt at gmail.com>
 Cc: "healeys" <healeys at autox.team.net>

 re:
 "What is the preferred lubricant for a box that has not
 shown any signs of leakage?"

 80W-90
 gear oil has worked well for me for many years/miles.

 Bob

 All--
 Thanks for the good suggestions.
 After reading Joseph's I did a quick check on the shocks
 and found I could tighten the upper shock mounts about one
 flat (I have Putske's Bilstein shocks mounted) but to be
 on the safe side I will give the entire front end a good nut
 and bolt before ruling anything out.
 am running about 27 psi on the Michelin XAS's and I will
 also check toe as per Dave Porter's
 suggestion.
 In
 the meantime it has been quite a while since I have checked
 the fluid level in the steering box and I ran out of time to
 check it today as  I must move the cold air hose in order
 to get to it.  What is the preferred lubricant for a box
 that has not shown any signs of leakage?
 Best--Michael Oritt

 -----Inline Attachment Follows-----

 Suggested annual donation  $12.75
 Archive: http://www.team.net/archive