[Healeys] BJ8 Rear Seat Pans

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Mon Dec 28 07:07:58 MST 2015

Two or three of the studs on both pans broke off the first time I tried to
remove the nuts, so I'm one of those people who replaced the studs with the
screws from above.  For the nuts, I used "anchor nuts", which are riveted to
the seat structure and provide some "float" to make inserting the screws
easier.  It only takes a minute to pull a seat pan for access to the fuel
pumps (I have two), and I've found it also makes accessing the differential
fill plug easier, as well as the fuel filter that I have located under the
right seat near the pump.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry