[Healeys] FW: fuse box

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Sun Dec 20 03:35:17 MST 2015

Couldn't agree more. At one stage, I had an inline fuse for the overdrive
which, being by the fusebox, was easy to find. The red(?) wire for rear
lights was under the dash and would have been a tricky search.

When I bought the car, the wiring was sound but had been fairly messed
around by an over enthusiastic and under talented PO. Took me a while to
find all the "improvenents".

Now, I've got one of those 7 (I think) way fuseboxes that screw in where our
2 way ones went. Excellent device.

Also, an MGB 4-way box on other side for the lights. It looks "period" and
fairly inoffensive. All wiring backed up by pdf files inserted into my BMC
workshop manual* with a hard copy in the "owner's handbook", carried in the
car.

*Get a pdf of the manual and break the security code. Then you can add your
own notes and additions as you go along. It, over the years, becomes an
increasingly useful tool.

Simon