[Healeys] FW: 100-4 BN1 side screens

J. Armour sebring3000 at bigpond.com
Thu Dec 3 22:14:19 MST 2015

Subject:  Re: [Healeys] 100-4 BN1 side screens

No, that's the real deal. I suppose they were too expensive so Austin
changed to the jury rigged crap we are all familiar with. They did say the
change was made because these didn't allow the driver to use hand signals.
Also getting the door open with these in place had to be a trick. I still
want some.

Bill Lawrence

BN1-554

I once cut the rear and upper half off my BN.4 side screens and used the
remaining standard frame to fit a one piece perspex screen that I cut to
make a tighter fit in the soft top flap as I did regular 700 mile round
trips ( back in 1960s when it was my daily driver )
I returned to the standard sidescreen layout because the one piece  was hot
and could not be opened to cool, it was difficult to reply to police on
those rare ocassion that sought my response and toll payment and car park
payments were not possible.

But they do look clean and modern and would look great at display days
Joe
PS My BJ.8 has sidescreens and suits the car!