[Healeys] Distributor screen

Alex alexmm at roadrunner.com
Thu Dec 3 08:34:58 MST 2015

The knot forms a crude coil, which exhibits inductance, and therefore some inductive reactance at the AM frequency. A coil is sometimes referred to as a choke. This knot technique is very, very crude. It would be better to wind some turns around a ferrite core, if a choke is what you want for noise suppression.

== Alex in Maine
     "The Blue Mainie," 1960 Austin Healey 3000 BT7
     "Conkling," 1946 M.G. TC #1321
     Former owner 1957 A-H 100-6, 1967 A-H BJ8,
     1965 MG Midget   ‹(•¿•)›
     http://ai2q.org/