[Healeys] Non-Healey (but still relevant!) - Fuel tank cleaning

HealeyRick healeyrik at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 12:02:41 MDT 2015

The guys on the Spridget list tend towards being members of the "we tight"
club and the late Frank Clarici (aka "Spritenut") was tighter than most.
His fuel tank cleaning method was legendary as can be seen by the following
post:

I know Spring must be coming when Frank suggests we
throw another tank on the barbie!

Rick

--- Frank Clarici <spritenut at exit109.com> wrote:
>* jack skeffington wrote:*
>
>* > What's the "we tight" way to clean and preserve a*
>* gas tank. *
>
>* Remove the sender, put in some large nuts and bolts,*
>* fill it with water *
>* and simmer for an hour or 2 on the gas grill.*
>* shake it up before and after and dump out the nuts*
>* and bolts. You may *
>* need a magnet to retrieve some of those nuts and*
>* bolts, That is why we *
>* no longer use rocks ;)*
>

>* -- *

*Make sure the tank is completely filled with water and stays that
way.  You don't want any explosions.*