[Healeys] Radiator Overflow solution anyone

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Wed Apr 29 00:40:41 MDT 2015

You can use any kind of container (Stainless steel, brass, plastic,
glass) providing it has a screw top that can be drilled to receive a
tube from the radiator overflow. The position of the overflow tank is
not important so you can fit it low down well out of sight. Make sure
the the hose/tube from the radiator overflow ends about a quarter inch
from the bottom of the container. Also drill a small vent hole in the
top. Make sure the radiator cap seals airtight, which usually means that
you have to make up a thin stiff rubber/fibre washer between cap and
radiator neck. Fully fill up the radiator and fill up the container
about half full. Check and fill up regularly after the first few trips.

Kees Oudesluijs