[Healeys] Fuel Sender Gasket

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Apr 26 22:40:50 MDT 2015

Listers,

We have a small problem with our BN2: we can't get the sender unit to
completely seal against the tank.  We've tried all types of materials;
inc. the Moss rubber-like gasket, paper gasket material, cork, etc.
This is a new tank and the flange around the opening isn't as robust as
on an original tank, and the flange on the sender has been warped
somewhat, probably by over-tightening.  The best result has been from a
cork gasket my dad fabricated, but it still seeps a little with a full tank.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Bob