[Healeys] 100 parts

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Thu Apr 23 16:23:58 MDT 2015

Hi Reinhart,

I replaced the rubber bumpers on my BJ8 a while ago. I recall the rubber quality was OK, but they were difficult to fit because, if I recall correctly, the holes didn't line up perfectly with the mounting holes. The stop boxes are relatively expensive, so if you can weld/hammer/sand/paint the old ones you'll be euros ahead (they usually get beat up eventually anyway).

The felt bushes supply a bit of lubrication for the the steady posts where they rub against the shoe backsides. They should be (very) lightly oiled with a thick oil or (very) thin grease.

Bob