[Healeys] FW: Starter resistance - is futile

John Spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 17 20:00:54 MDT 2015

Ok, the starter is working again. Many thanks for all of the replies. It was not related to electrical connections, the cutoff switch, cables or solenoid.

I ended up changing some trust washers at each end of the armature shaft.

I have attached a photo of that shows the armature shaft where it exits the front plate (with the restraining spring sleeve removed). There is a depression where that fit restraining sleeve perfectly. Should that pocket be there or should it be smooth. I think the restraining sleeve created the pocket over the years by the pounding action of the starter motor.

John

’62 BT7