[Healeys] Front Crank Pulley Seal replacement

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Apr 13 06:35:14 MDT 2015

Short answer: yes.  Did this last year on my BJ8.  You will have to lift
the front of the engine a couple inches; detach the throttle linkage so
it doesn't get bent and IIRC I disconnected the frame->OD tie rod as
well.  You'll probably need to jack under the pan--use a large piece of
wood to spread the load.

The most difficult task for me was getting the big nut on the pulley
undone; it's likely (should be) torqued on there to the tune of 150
ft-lbs or so.

Bob