[Healeys] Engine pulled out of '59 100-6 BN4

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Mon Sep 1 18:35:01 MDT 2014

G'day Chris

This is exactly what I did with the BN3 when the engine disgraced itself a
couple of years back. Stripped it back completely from the cockpit forward.
The only things left on were the front shroud and dash.

The engine bay wasn't sand blasted but cleaned multiple times with a water
blaster and then cleaned by hand with a wire brush, degreaser etc etc. Only
when I was completely happy with the surface was it taken away to be painted
with the express instructions to leave the Donald Healey Motor Company
installed concave firewall and dents in place.

I should say that I had previously restored the car in the early 1980s when
it was blasted.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia