[Healeys] Aluminum Radiator

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 03:02:32 MDT 2014

Folks -

All of you have lost your collective marbles noodles knowledge (said with
respect).

The 100 has its temp sensor mounted on the tank  of the radiator, not on
the engine block.  This means if the thermostat is shut, then the temp in
the top of the radiator will go down as you are driving because the wind is
cooling a closed system in the radiator.

This is why on the 3000 they moved the temp bulb to under the thermostat,
so it tells you better what engine / head temps are regardless to whether
the thermostat is opened or closed.

Cheers!

Alan