[Healeys] exhaust popping

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 10 12:17:56 MDT 2014

When I acquired my BJ8 back in 1970, a previous owner, there were two, had
removed the two resonators across the rear of the car.  The backfiring on
deceleration was quite annoying to my copilot/navigator especially when
descending hills in a lower gear.  I wasn't that fond of it either.  I
reinstalled resonators and the popping went away.  No other changes were
made as far as I can recall.  She and I were quite content going down hill
after that (in the Healey, not the marriage).

(The Other) Len
Fairfield, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031
***199,380 miles (recalculated 10/06/2014)***