[Healeys] Cheaper Hardtops

Peter Dzwig pdzwig at summaventures.com
Fri Nov 21 02:45:43 MST 2014

You need to be careful about the way the fibreglass is laid and how the hardtop
is fitted. If you follow the original fitment pattern it is possible to
over-clamp the roof with the J-clamps, resulting in too much stress on the roof,
causing starring and giving you a crazed roof at the end of the day. It can be
redone with new 'glass but it is messy. Apparently you can get the same issue if
you are driving on uneven roads and the original 'glass wasn't the best.

I speak from experience. A garage doing some running repairs to my BN4
overtightened the bolts... :-( Shame because it was an original 58 hardtop.

Peter