[Healeys] Tube Shocks on Rear only

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Mon Nov 3 15:46:22 MST 2014

I'm in the process of fitting rear tubes to a MkII BT7. I have new rear
springs and tubes (koni or kon-clone kit) on the front.
The initial feeling was that the shocks were labelled back to front as the
tubes sat at 45degrees. However the manufacturer says that all is well and
that he has only ever had one failure........someone took out the bump stop
rubbers and a (presumably very severe) bang sheered one of the lower
mountings. These kits are made in Denmark and sold be AHSpares and
Ahead4Healeys. (Maybe by lots of others too for all I know).
I'll finish the job tomorrow morning and test when the weather is
appropriate.
You can email me in, say, a week for first impressions.
Simon