[Healeys] K&n. Air filters

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri May 23 08:25:19 MDT 2014

I'll take a stab.

re: "How much does the engine move up and down when running?"

Depends on the condition of your motor mounts (have known bad ones on other cars to allow 'bottoming' of the engine over
bumps). Normally, engine movement is side-to-side due to torque.  I'd want at least an inch between the filters and the
shroud (either on the side or above).  Also make sure your transmission/OD tie rod bushes are in good nick.

FWIW, I have K&Ns with a custom front filter that is mounted down from normal (the holes are offset above center).
David Anton of APT did this for me; I was trying to get him to produce these but his wife was injured in a car accident
and that derailed the project.  Maybe if enough people contact him he'd give it a go.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net