[Healeys] Coolant

rwil at sbcglobal.net rwil at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 16 11:35:51 MDT 2014

Just to stir the pot a bit more:
  Perhaps the reason that Water Wetter sometimes results in brown gunk
appearing in the coolant is that it cleans out the passages in the
block or radiator and it is that loosened gunk that is seen.  Maybe
the reason that it does not always happen is that some folks start
with a really clean cooling system.

-Roland

On Fri, 16 May 2014 16:28:50 +0000 (UTC), you wrote:

>Well, if it's on the Internets it HAS to be true.
>
>I'll peruse these sites later, but I presume they are all controlled,
double-blind experiments in which all possible factors--ambient temperature
and humidity, type/composition of water, antifreeze and other additives,
general engine condition and previous use of waters, additives, etc., mileage
of vehicle, condition of radiator and hoses, operating conditions, and so
forth--were carefully controlled and the only variable was non/use of water
wetter?

>IOW, "I used water wetter, my engine gunked-up, therefore water water causes
engines to gunk up" is insufficient.

>Bob
>
>ps. I'm inclined to believe it, since there does seem to be a preponderance
of anecdotal reports, but cannot say categorically that WW caused the problem
without the aforementioned controlled experiments.