[Healeys] Coolant

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri May 16 10:28:50 MDT 2014

Well, if it's on the Internets it HAS to be true.

I'll peruse these sites later, but I presume they are all controlled, double-blind experiments in which all possible factors--ambient temperature and humidity, type/composition of water, antifreeze and other additives, general engine condition and previous use of waters, additives, etc., mileage of vehicle, condition of radiator and hoses, operating conditions, and so forth--were carefully controlled and the only variable was non/use of water wetter?

IOW, "I used water wetter, my engine gunked-up, therefore water water causes engines to gunk up" is insufficient.

Bob

ps. I'm inclined to believe it, since there does seem to be a preponderance of anecdotal reports, but cannot say categorically that WW caused the problem without the aforementioned controlled experiments.