[Healeys] Petrol Pump

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Tue May 13 19:39:36 MDT 2014

Bob,

I got the following from Dave DuBois a couple of years ago:

"A few of us smart alec electronic types figured that the ultimate fix
was to put a transistor in the circuit to control the high current of
the coil when triggered by an extremely low current trigger circuit for
the transistor.  This worked wonderfully for awhile.  To our chagrin,
the pumps stopped working after a short period of time, due to the
contacts of the points filming over.  Come to find out (which any good
metallurgist) knows, the tungsten alloy contacts develop a film on their
surface, that has to be removed, either by abrasion or (wait for it) the
electrical arc produced when the points open - we had outsmarted our
selves."

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 Mk I registrar