[Healeys] Intake/Exhaust finish-Leave as is?/PowderCoat?/Paint?

jjsandsms at cs.com jjsandsms at cs.com
Wed May 7 17:09:36 MDT 2014

I believe the correct surface for a BJ8 3000 MKIII is; intake- natural AL,
exhaust - natural rust.  If not what is the correct finish?

I would like to powder coat both, intake with high temp silver, and exhaust
with high temp satin black with powder Columbia Coatings (no affiliation but
good powder supplier).  We do our own powder coating. Anyone have comments on
powder coating high temp applications.  The powder is suppose to handle up to
1200 degrees.

Opinions as to what other have done for a non-original finish that looks good
and will last.

I have never had any luck with high temp paint, but it has been a few years
and newer paint may be okay.

Please advise what you and others have done.

Thanks

jjs64bj8