[Healeys] Left side indicators not working

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Thu May 1 01:37:39 MDT 2014

I posted this question on the BCF and haven't had a single reply so I
thought I'd pass it over to the list where the real experts are!

My left side indicators stopped working at the weekend. May or may not be
connected to the fact I was at a Hillclimb where there was heavy rain
during the event and the 200 mile round trip.

The facts are:

- Indicators operate by switch on the dashboard not via a trafficator.
- Brake lights work
- Front and rear side lights work
- Indicators work on the right side
- All filaments in left side bulbs are intact.
- I have 12 volts at the solenoid connections on the relay box (connection
numbers, 8, right side and 4, left side)
- Connections 3 and 2 (left side indicators) read between 2 and 5 volts
approx when indicator switch is on
- Connections 7 and 6 (right side indicators) appear to fluctuate between 3
and 8 volts when indicators operating correctly
- When left side indicator switch is selected I can hear the clicking of
the indicator relay itself.
- the external wire connections to the relay box appear to be ok but I will
re-check.

Does the above mean the problem may be in the large relay box?

Only other thing I can think of might be a poor connection of the green/red
wire to the front light or the purple/white wire to the rear. I'm assuming
the small indicator relay must be ok as it works for the right side.

Any other ideas?

Derek