[Healeys] Off the Gauge & urethane bushes

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 07:23:59 MDT 2014

I think it depends on the specifics John. My AH spares supplied rubber gearbox
steady bushes didn't last a year before I found most of them on the garage
floor. The Urethane ones were in there for 12 years, and showed some wear. I
replaced them with new graphite impregnated nylon ones, mainly because my car
was already up on a mates hoist (makes that job so easy!!!)
Every rubber bush in my BJ8 suspension was replaced with urethane or graphite
impregated nylon 16 years ago, and the only ones I've replaced since during
usual maintenance are rear shock bushes, rear BJ8 tramp rod bushes, and the
gearbox steady bushes.
Best
Chris

Sent from my iPhone