[Healeys] BN1 rear brake adjuster link

robert westcott 55healey at comcast.net
Fri Mar 14 00:26:01 MDT 2014

Lost the missing link.

I have been having an impossible time trying to get my rear brakes to settle
down and adjust correctly after a brake rebuild.
Looking closely I realized that the lower adjusting link is missing.

It's the 5/8" dia. steel cylinder (rod)   it is a  15/16" long rod that has a
45 degree angle on one end and  a 3/16" wide by 1/4" deep slot on the other
end.
There are 2 in the adjuster body one on top and the other on the bottom, they
are moved by the adjuster wedge.

( 0.965" long by 0.62" dia.     slot is 0.18' wide and 0.26' deep. )

Part #24  on page M/5  (figure 6.  Rear brake back plate.)  in  the   Austin -
Healey  series    BN1 & BN2  100/4  shop manual.     It's just named   "Link"
.

If anyone has one that is usable I would love to make a deal.

Until then I am up on jack stands missing the early spring driving weather.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Bellevue, WA